Svitac (Firefly Bosnia) Project Report – July 2019
Staff: Gordana Varcaković, Dina Vošanović, Miloš Popić, Sanjin Vošanović
Local volunteers: Adin Midžić, Merima Hidanović, Ines Močević, Aldina Pezerović, Almira Čehić, Mehmed Hidanović, Dijana Živković, Ahmed Avdić, Semir Brodlić, Tijana Perić
‘Weltwearts’ volunteers: Florian Pauleck
‘EVS/ESC’ volunteers: Dominik Sujka, Nadine Breitenbücher
Omprakash volunteers: Kathleen Kohler
- Culture and Art Diversity around the World – Includes Language, Art&Crafts, Music, Drama, and Sports workshops from Monday to Friday
- Standard Language workshops – English and German
- English – standard English language workshops for teenagers and young people
- German – standard German language workshops for teenagers and young people
- Conversational Language workshops – English, German
- I love English – conversational English workshops for teenagers and young people
- “Lasst uns Deutsch sprechen!“ (“Let’s speak German”) – conversational German workshops for teenagers and young people
- Art&Crafts workshops – practical arts and crafts workshops for children and teenagers
- Music workshops – samba, guitar, music workshops for children and young people
- Sports workshops – for teenagers and young people
- Drama workshops – for teenagers and young people
- Standard Language workshops – English and German
- Local language lessons for international volunteers
HIGHLIGHTS ON MONTH’S ACTIVITIES
- This month our participants enjoyed in eco-camp and learned about environmental protection, mountaineering, wildlife in BiH, raised awareness of mine risk and had the opportunity to try out skills in an adrenaline park. International volunteers have also been doing a lot of different daily activities and they focused on different things (fundraising, promotion of the organization through social media etc.).
- About 146 participants regularly attended Svitac’s (Firefly Bosnia’s) activities in July. Participants were aged between 4 and 40 years old. The youngest and the oldest participants attended Culture and Art Diversity around the World workshops and English/German workshops for adults.
- Younger group – They made imaginary monsters, 3D swing, frogs, snails and windmills. They learned to write and pronounce letters L and LJ in local languages, maths and new words in English and German related to the summertime, vegetables and fruits. In the Music Workshops, they were practising new songs “Barimba-Babaroga” and “Leteći medvjedići” (Flying teddy-bears). The group also had the opportunity to play together on various percussions and acoustic instruments. Highlight with the younger group was learning the song “Going green song” about ecology.
- Older group – They made bracelets, puzzle pieces, learned how to draw symmetrically, and worked stone decorating and modelling clay. In the Language Workshops, the group learned new words related to summer, flora and fauna, peace, tolerance and practised small talk in English, German and Spanish. In the Music Workshops, they made music pictures, listened to a piece of music, and guessed which picture fit the piece of music. At the dancing workshop, they continued to practice new choreography for Children’s Day. The participants played a lot of volleyball, basketball and team spirit games. The highlight with the older group was a workshop related to ecology when they learned about forests and environmental protection.
EVS/ESC, WELTWARTS AND OTHER VOLUNTEERS’ PROGRAMMES
- In July, Svitac (Firefly Bosnia) very much appreciated collaborating with 4 international volunteers: one ‘Weltwärts’ volunteer from Germany, two EVS/ESC volunteers from Germany and one Omprakash volunteer from the USA.
- Visa process has been finished for two volunteers from the USA and Germany.
- Sending EVS/ESC and ‘Weltwärts’ – Four volunteers from Bosnia are doing their EVS/ESC and ‘Weltwärts’ service in Germany and Bulgaria 1 and 12 months).
MEETINGS and PRESENTATIONS
- Svitac’s (Firefly Bosnia’s) representatives continued to attend regular monthly meetings with the youth centre coordinator and the other NGOs based in Brčko. The purpose of the last meeting was to share information about activities and plans for July and discuss activities scheduled to take place in the Youth Centre.
- Svitac (Firefly Bosnia) representatives attended a two-day meeting of EVS/ESC accredited organizations from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and Serbia. The meeting aimed to provide support to organizations to develop quality projects within the Erasmus + program. The meeting was organised by SALTO – YOUTH resource centre in Novi Sad, Serbia.
- Svitac’s (Firefly Bosnia’s) representatives attended the conference „Erasmus+ opening door 2019“ organised by Environment Engineering Group at the Fruska Gora Mountain, Serbia. The conference gathered up to 50 representatives of youth organizations from six Balkan countries and decision-makers in the European Union who have a certain impact on the youth program. The main aim was to establish structuring dialogue, networking, and synergistic influence on the improvement of the position and opportunities for youth.